Monsoon is here. Yay! But the rainy season means slippery roads and reduced visibility. We need to to be extra cautious while on the road and these a few precautions to ensure each other’s safety:
- Do not drive at high speeds on wet roads. If, by any chance you have to brake hard, your car will might slip and spin out of control.
- Avoid braking hard, rapidly accelerating or taking rash turns.
- Maintain adequate distance between you & the vehicle in front of you.
- Ensure that your car’s headlights, tail lamps, turn signal lights, brake lights are all in good working condition.
- Do not hesitate to turn on your Emergency lights in case of reduced visibility during rains.
- Always keep your headlights on so that you are visible to the vehicles nearby.
- Ensure that the front and rear wipers work properly. You don’t want to reduce your visibility even further.
- Invest in good quality tyres that can hold up on wet surfaces. Maintain your car’s tyres regularly to avoid mishaps.
- In case of a spin, lightly apply the brakes and steer in the direction of the skid, push down the clutch and let the car slow down on its own.
Lastly, enjoy the lovely weather, have fun while driving & stay safe!