As 2015 draws to a close, there were certain changes in the automotive industry that caught our attention. Here’s a review of the major happenings throughout the year. And oh, there’s a special treat at the end as well!
- Compact SUVs : If 2014 was the year of the sedans, 2015 was definitely the year of the SUVs, with awesome cars like the Hyundai Creta and Honda CRV becoming more common on the roads. Nearly 25 new models were introduced as well such as the S-Cross Premia Special Edition. Who knows, maybe 2016 will bring even better crossovers?
- In-Car Technology : Automakers are now remaking cars with easier and safer in-car technology seeing as how this is becoming an increasingly large selling point. In-car entertainment centers, GPS navigation are all becoming more user-friendly. Mobile apps for cars are also on the rise.
- The New Motor Vehicle Act : The government’s plans of enforcing new technologies like intelligent speed adaptation, driver alert control and eye drowsiness detectors is an initiative to reduce nearly 2,00,000 road accident deaths in the next fiver years. It will also create about 10,00,000 jobs in the transport sector.
And for all you car enthusiasts, here’s a look at the expected models for 2016, our way of wishing you all a Happy New Year. Enjoy!
- Audi Q7: December 2015-January 2016
- Skoda Superb: Mid 2016
- Audi New A4: October 2016
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque: November 2015-January 2016
- Honda BR-V: Mid 2016